Determine if Stone is Sealed
How to Test if Your Stone is Already Sealed
Take the quick, water-repellency test to see if your stone has already been sealed.
Is your stone already sealed? Is your stone so dense that staining isn’t a serious problem?
- Make sure the surface area is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
- Apply a drop of water 1 inch in diameter to the stone surface.
- Allow the water to stand on the stone for 5-30 minutes.
- If the surface is unsealed, the water will absorb into the stone and darken the surface (absorption speed will depend on porosity of the stone). Check out STONETECH® Surface Care Products to protect your stone.
- If your surface is already sealed or if the stone is very dense, the water will bead up and stand on the surface. Maintain its beauty with Revitalizer® Cleaner and Protector.
Note: Above instructions are for reference purposes only. Please follow label directions on back of actual product.